Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bloomberg and Term Limits: Wow

New York City Council Votes to Extend Term Limits

After a spirited, emotional and at times raucous debate, the
New York City Council voted, 29 to 22, to extend term limits,
allowing Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg to seek re-election next
year and undoing the result of two voter referendums that had
imposed a limit of two four-year terms.

Read More:
http://www.nytimes.com/?emc=na
I don't know if I have much more to say other than "Wow". This is democracy in action?? The hairs on the back of my neck go up when I see something like this, it reminds me of the kings and tyrants of old changing rules on the fly to suit their personal agendas. What kind of "rule of law" do we have when the rulers get to change the laws??

Like the previous post, I put this one down as another black mark against our current system: this is a failure of government.


No comments:

Post a Comment